Horses for Sale near Philippi, WV

1-9 of 9 Results
Advanced Search
 - Gelding in Elkins, WV
Quarter Horse Gelding
Price Reduction!!! 13 yr old registered gelding. Great ride! Not for a begi..
Elkins, West Virginia
Sorrel
Quarter Horse
Gelding
4
Elkins, WV
WV
$1,500
Weanlings
TN Walker Weanlings for Sale $325 each. All from registered stock but not ..
Rivesville, West Virginia
Buckskin
Tennessee Walking
Mare
1
Rivesville, WV
WV
$325
Tennessee Walking Gelding
TN Walking horse, smooth ride, loads, shoes, all shots update. 1000$ ..
Fairmont, West Virginia
Chestnut
Tennessee Walking
Gelding
-
Fairmont, WV
WV
$304
Paint Mare
We are reducing our herd!We have horses for sell from yearlings up. Some a..
Masontown, Pennsylvania
Bay
Paint
Mare
-
Masontown, PA
PA
Contact
Paint Mare
"PJ" is a full blooded paint filly. She is almost solid white except for ..
Masontown, Pennsylvania
Bay
Paint
Mare
-
Masontown, PA
PA
$400
Thoroughbred Mare
"Cherry" is a TB Cross. She sets the fields on fire when she runs. She cut..
Masontown, Pennsylvania
Bay
Thoroughbred
Mare
-
Masontown, PA
PA
$250
Tennessee Walking Stallion
Gentle temperment, bay w black points and white diamond, Call him Rio. . He..
Masontown, Pennsylvania
Bay
Tennessee Walking
Stallion
-
Masontown, PA
PA
$1,000
Paint Mare
Dawn McCue ("Falcon") is a talented, athletic, and smart mare that would ma..
Oakland, Maryland
Black Overo
Paint
Mare
-
Oakland, MD
MD
$5,800
Quarter Horse Mare
green broke great prospect for english or western. shown in longe line and ..
Oakland, Maryland
Sorrel
Quarter Horse
Mare
-
Oakland, MD
MD
$3,000
1

About Philippi,WV

The first white settlement in present-day Barbour County was established about 3 miles downriver from the future site of Philippi in 1780, at which time the area was still part of western Virginia and included within Monongalia County. The earliest settlers on the section of bottomland that would one day become Philippi were William Anglin (as early as 1783 or '84) and Daniel Booth (1787). A ford existed here as early as 1789 which served the road that had recently been surveyed between Beverly and Sandy Creek. Anglin was the original owner of the land upon which Philippi stands, hence the earliest known name for the locality — Anglin's Ford. Booth also owned and operated a commercial ferry here in the 1790s, thus the area's second popular designation — Booth's Ferry.