Horses for Sale near Rapid City, SD

76-83 of 83 Results
Advanced Search
Quarter Horse Stallion
Sonny is a solid horse with unlimited potential, has spent better part of s..
Spearfish, South Dakota
Brown
Quarter Horse
Stallion
-
Spearfish, SD
SD
$3,500
Thoroughbred Stallion
Barney is a TB / Qh. Big TB or Warmblood build. Solid Training and First ..
Rapid City, South Dakota
Chestnut
Thoroughbred
Stallion
-
Rapid City, SD
SD
Contact
Quarter Horse Stallion
AQHA reg. Great kids horse. Have done open pasture roping, team penning, g..
Rapid City, South Dakota
Gray
Quarter Horse
Stallion
-
Rapid City, SD
SD
$2,800
Quarter Horse Stallion
1984 sorrel stallion, son of World Champion Cutting Horse - Colonel Freckle..
Wall, South Dakota
Sorrel
Quarter Horse
Stallion
-
Wall, SD
SD
Contact
Half Arabian Mare
TH Ebony Starr is a grandaughter of the original Black Stallion Ala Charm o..
Oral, South Dakota
Bay
Half Arabian
Mare
-
Oral, SD
SD
$4,500
Half Arabian Stallion
TH Inspiration is out of Pinto National Champion MJD Corona De Oro and Rhin..
Oral, South Dakota
Black Overo
Half Arabian
Stallion
-
Oral, SD
SD
$10,000
Arabian Stallion
Soxy Bey is a stout gelding and will get you where you want to go and in th..
Oral, South Dakota
Arabian
Stallion
-
Oral, SD
SD
$1,000
Arabian Stallion
Ravenwood Khamal is a big muscled gelding who has had 90 days training with..
Oral, South Dakota
Chestnut
Arabian
Stallion
-
Oral, SD
SD
$4,000

About Rapid City,SD

The public discovery of gold in 1874 by the Black Hills Expedition, led by George Armstrong Custer, brought a mass influx of European-American miners and eventual settlers into this region of the Dakota Territory. Rapid City was founded in 1876 by a group of unsuccessful miners trying to create other chances; they promoted their new city as the "Gateway to the Black Hills"; it was originally known as "Hay Camp." The "Gateway" nickname is shared by neighboring Box Elder. In February 1876 John Richard Brennan and Samuel Scott, with a small group of men, laid out the site of the present Rapid City. It was eventually named for the spring-fed Rapid Creek that flows through it. The land speculators measured off a square mile and designated the six blocks in the center as a business section.