Show Horses for Sale near Staunton, VA

Post Free Ad
Advanced Search
King's treasure - Gelding in Ruckersville, VA
King's Treasure
Solid hunter, good placings on the rail with great movement, level head car..
Ruckersville, Virginia
Bay
Thoroughbred
Gelding
15
Ruckersville, VA
VA
Contact
Holsteiner Mare
Young show jumper prospect by Comming Star out of Novell by Cash. Excellen..
Madison, Virginia
Bay
Holsteiner
Mare
-
Madison, VA
VA
$15,000
Appaloosa Stallion
11 years old. Great trail horse. Ready by 1 st / 2 nd week in July. Red ..
Staunton, Virginia
Appaloosa
Stallion
-
Staunton, VA
VA
$1,800
Irish Draught Mare
Pretty mare that is butter soft in harness she drives single and pair and ..
Luray, Virginia
Gray
Irish Draught
Mare
-
Luray, VA
VA
$7,500
Warmblood Stallion
Easy is 3 / 4 tb and 1 / 4 clyde with a friendly personality. He walks tro..
Staunton, Virginia
Bay
Warmblood
Stallion
-
Staunton, VA
VA
$3,500
Warmblood Mare
Light bay with blaze, 3'4 thoroughbred, 1'4 clyde, walks, trots, canters, ..
Staunton, Virginia
Bay
Warmblood
Mare
-
Staunton, VA
VA
$2,500
Saddlebred Stallion
Colby is a 4 yrd. bay, registered American Saddlebred. He is currently sta..
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Bay
Saddlebred
Stallion
-
Harrisonburg, VA
VA
$4,000
Thoroughbred Stallion
Good mover and jumper to excel as Show Hunter, Foxhunter or Eventer going g..
Luray, Virginia
Bay
Thoroughbred
Stallion
-
Luray, VA
VA
$5,000
1

About Staunton,VA

The area was first settled in 1732 by John Lewis and family. In 1736, William Beverley, a wealthy planter and merchant from Essex County, was granted by the Crown over 118,000 acres (48,000 hectares) in what would become Augusta County. Surveyor Thomas Lewis in 1746 laid out the first town plat for Beverley of what was originally called Beverley's Mill Place. Founded in 1747, it was renamed in honor of Lady Rebecca Staunton, wife to Royal Lieutenant-Governor Sir William Gooch. Because the town was located at the geographical center of the colony (which then included West Virginia), Staunton served between 1738 and 1771 as regional capital for what was known as the Northwest Territory, with the westernmost courthouse in British North America prior to the Revolution.