Great Deal !!Next Ad »
3 (1 - calm; 10 - spirited)
Appaloosa Mare for Sale in Jackson, MO
Very well built filly with excellent movement and good speed. Very gentle. Imprinted at birth. Started under saddle. Sound, registered, all shots and worming current.
About Jackson, MO
In 1813, Cape Girardeau County succeeded Cape Girardeau District, and the Court of Common Pleas and the Court of General Quarter-Sessions of the Peace in Cape Girardeau were superseded by the Court of Common Pleas, leading to a new seat of justice. The seat of the county and the courts were at first held on the plantation of Thomas Bull about one and one-half mile south of present-day Jackson. Land was then purchased along Hubble Creek for the county seat in 1814. The first post office was established in 1814 when the area was called Birdstown. The name was changed to Jackson on August 31, 1819, named for Andrew Jackson, a general popular for his role in the War of 1812.