Articles: Press Release
Darren Chiacchia and Windfall 2 Win FEI
World Cup Qualifier
United States Equestrian Federation, Inc.
4047 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, KY 40511-8483 Tel: (859) 258-2472
Fax (859) 231-6662 Web site: www.usef.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 18, 2004
Darren Chiacchia, of Spring Valley, New York, riding the 12-year-old
stallion, WINDFALL 2 (Trakehner: Habicht - Wundermaedel) owned by
Timothy Holekamp of Columbia, Missouri, added 4.8 cross-country time
penalties to their dressage score, and was one of only eight clean
show-jumping rounds to finish with a total of 46.5 to win the FEI World
Cup Qualifier. The Qualifier was held at the Red Hills Horse Trials and
CIC***-W and CIC** in Tallahassee, FL, March 12-14.
The Red Hills FEI Eventing World Cup Qualifier kicked off the Eventing
World Cup season in the United States. This year the United States will
offer four qualifiers, including Red Hills. Additional Qualifiers will
be held at Galway Downs (Temecula, CA - March 26-28), The Event at
Rebecca Farm (Kalispell, MT - July 23-26) and Over the Walls (Hardwick,
MA - July 30-Aug 1).
FEI Eventing World Cup Qualifier
- - WINDFALL 2 (TRA, Habicht - Wundermaedel xx, bred by Heinz Lembke
GER) ridden by Darren Chiacchia
- - NOVA TOP (TB, Ra Nova - Expo Topie) ridden by Phillip Dutton
- - REBEL EXPRESS (TB, Feffer - Comet's Legacy, bred by Omar & Diane
Hite) ridden by Heather Morris
- - TASK FORCE (TB-NZ, Blue Vain (AUS) - Chicola Craft) ridden by Jan
- - CONNAUGHT (ISH, Ballysimon - ) ridden by Phillip Dutton
- - THE FOREMAN (TB, Across the Field - Four Flora, bred by William D.
Sams) ridden by Phillip Dutton
- - GRAND SLAM (TB-NZ, King Delamere - Charsada) ridden by Karen
- - SHARED DREAMS (TB, General Silver - Notable Miss Iron, bred by
Patti & J.A. Hawkesworth, Jr.) ridden by Jan Thompson
- - POWER TY (TB, Private Thoughts - Emily Express, bred by Redbob
Farms, Inc) ridden by Darren Chiacchia
- - JOKER'S WILD (TB, Orchestra - Mother Cluck, bred by Mrs. A.W.
Riddell-Martin) ridden by Karen O'Connor
For more information, please contact Maria Partlow, Senior Vice
President Marketing and Communications on (859) 225-6941 or via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. USEF press releases
are available on our web site - www.usef.org.
The United States Equestrian Federation Inc.(USEF), as the National
Equestrian Federation of the U.S., is the regulatory body for the
Olympic and World Championship sports of dressage, driving, endurance,
eventing, reining, show jumping, and vaulting, as well as 19 other
breeds and disciplines of equestrian competition. As the country's
largest multi-breed organization, the Federation has over 80,000 members
and recognizes more than 2,800 competitions nationwide each year. It
governs all aspects of competition, including educating and licensing
all judges, stewards, and technical delegates who officiate at these
The vision of the United States Equestrian Federation is to provide
leadership for equestrian sport in the United States of America,
promoting the pursuit of excellence from the grass roots to the Olympic
Games, based on a foundation of fair, safe competition and the welfare
of its horses, and embracing this vision, to be the best national
equestrian federation in the world.