1993 Great- Granddaughter Of Easy JetNext Ad »
3 (1 - calm; 10 - spirited)
Quarter Horse Mare for Sale in Decatur, TX
Beautiful AQHA black mare approx. 15 hands. She has been ridden very little and needs a VERY experienced rider. She desperately needs someone who has time to spend with her. Asking price is negotiable. Pictures upon request
About Decatur, TX
Wise County was established in 1856, and Taylorsville (in honor of Zachary Taylor) was made the county seat. Absalom Bishop, an early settler and member of the Texas Legislature, opposed naming the town after a Whig Party member, and in 1858 arranged to have the name changed to Decatur, in honor of naval hero Stephen Decatur. In 1857, a post office was opened, and the first school was established in 1857. In the early 1860s, a courthouse was erected. Early settlers to northern Texas came from a variety of eastern states, and only about half came from the " Deep South".