Dillons Little Abby 08 Red Dun FillyNext Ad »
3 (1 - calm; 10 - spirited)
Paint Mare for Sale in Mouth Of Wilson, VA
Beautiful conformation. Red Dun with dorsal streipe and dark points. White "heart" shape on neck
About Mouth Of Wilson, VA
The name Mouth of Wilson originates from a young surveyor named Wilson, who died and was buried in a creek while surveying the line between Virginia and North Carolina in 1749. The creek was henceforth known as the Wilson Creek, the mouth of which empties into the New River where the town was established. The first European settler in the region was Robert Parsons, a veteran of the American Revolutionary War who was awarded a grant of 1,600 acres (6.5 km 2) from the North Carolina line to Wilson Creek. One of Parsons' nine sons, Johnny Parsons, built the first mill on the creek. The mill was built to grind corn, with a sawmill as an extension.