B&W Pinto Proven BroodmareNext Ad »
3 (1 - calm; 10 - spirited)
Miniature Mare for Sale in Williamstown, NJ
This is a beautiful brood mare. She has had many foals and a great mom. She is sweet and gets along with other horses. She is a flashy Pinto with great potential
About Williamstown, NJ
Before settlement in 1737, Williamstown was inhabited by the Lenni- Lenape tribe of Native Americans, from whom the town derived its original name, "Squankum." The name (Lenape for 'place where evil spirits dwell') was changed to Williamstown when the town's first post office was established, due to postal regulations that prohibited two towns from having the same name and there was an older Squankum located 60 miles (97 km) northeast. It is generally thought that 'evil spirits' referred to the abundance of mosquitoes in the area, a by-product of the low-lying swamps that characterized the area during that time period. In the early eighteenth century, Richard Penn sold what eventually became Williamstown to his grandson, John Williams, who divided and resold the land in lots to settlers and for whom the town was eventually renamed. The town was officially incorporated as Monroe Township in March 1859, with Williamstown as meeting place to vote and have town discussions. A municipal court was established in the Township of Monroe, in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 264 of the Laws of 1948.