Beautiful Show Hunter/ Eventing ProspectNext Ad »
3 (1 - calm; 10 - spirited)
Warmblood Mare for Sale in Staunton, VA
Light bay with blaze, 3'4 thoroughbred, 1'4 clyde, walks, trots, canters, changes leads, jumps - excellent mover - OOPS IN FOAL to "state of the storm" sired by "art deco" grandson of "state of the art" (dutch warmblood paint) - she's a beautiful horse with a great oersonality and loves people - she loads, clips and bathes. . . . . . PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED
About Staunton, VA
The area was first settled in 1732 by John Lewis and family. In 1736, William Beverley, a wealthy planter and merchant from Essex County, was granted by the Crown over 118,000 acres (48,000 hectares) in what would become Augusta County. Surveyor Thomas Lewis in 1746 laid out the first town plat for Beverley of what was originally called Beverley's Mill Place. Founded in 1747, it was renamed in honor of Lady Rebecca Staunton, wife to Royal Lieutenant-Governor Sir William Gooch. Because the town was located at the geographical center of the colony (which then included West Virginia), Staunton served between 1738 and 1771 as regional capital for what was known as the Northwest Territory, with the westernmost courthouse in British North America prior to the Revolution.