Pretty HorseNext Ad »
3 (1 - calm; 10 - spirited)
Paint Mare for Sale in Dexter, MI
Pretty white with black tail; started on trail
About Dexter, MI
The area was first settled in 1824, 13 years before Michigan became a state, when land speculator Samuel W. Dexter purchased a large tract of land and originated the village. It was known as "Mill Creek Settlement" until the village was platted in 1830, when its name was officially changed to Dexter. Mill Creek and the Huron River, which form much of the western and northeastern boundaries of the city, respectively, have long been valuable resources to Dexter. A sawmill was built in 1827, a woolen mill in 1838, a grist mill in 1844, and a cider mill in 1886.