Articles: Press Release
David Beisel Wins Another One at Horse Shows by the Bay Series III
Photo Credit: David Beisel and
Rockstar won the Level 6
Jumpers at the third week of Horse Shows by the Bay. Photo (C) 2008 Jenny
Jenny Underwood of
Phelps Media Group, Inc.
at (561) 753-3389 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Traverse City, MI - July 30 - Series III started off today at the Flintfields Horse
Park in Traverse City. This is the concluding week of Horse Shows by
the Bay, and it runs through Sunday, August 3. The highlight of the week in the
jumpers is the $25,000 D-BRAIDER Cherry Capital Classic Grand Prix on Saturday,
August 2, at 2 p.m.
The Team Elmer's Grand Prix ring hosted the Jumpers today. Several classes were held, including Level 5,
6 and the NAL Open Speed class. The
course designer for the grand prix ring is Guilherme Jorge from Brazil.
The first class of the day was $750 Level 5 Jumpers,
sponsored by Buckeye Nutrition. The
class was run according to Table II, Sec. 2(b), and the time allowed was 78
seconds. With the course spread out over
the large ring, riders really had to be aware of the clock.
Winning this morning in the $750 Level 5 Jumpers for the
second week in a row was David Beisel. Aboard
Rockstar, a Selle Francais gelding, the pair had a blazing first round time of
69.15 seconds, followed by a jump-off time of 32.015 seconds.
"Rockstar was great today. He felt even better than last
week," said Beisel. "The course was
again a different flavor from last week but nice, very inviting and smooth."
The first round course began with a line that walked in a
conservative seven strides. Every rider
rode it a little differently; some got eight strides and some were galloping
"I did the seven because mine are a little slow and it was
the first day, and I wanted to be careful. I was going to do it in the five, but that might have been getting a
little too carried away for me with these guys in these classes," laughed
The $1,000 Level 6 Jumpers followed Level 5. Running off the same requirements as the
previous class, it used Table II 2(b).
Most of the riders in the class made it to the jump-off, so
the times had to be quick. Winning the
class was Lisa Goldman and Centurion B. The horse is owned by Mary Goldman.
Goldman and Centurion B handled the course well. Even though they were the first in the class,
they managed to hold the lead the entire time. "Nothing was very tricky; I
think I made up the most time because my horse has such a big step. Also, we can really turn over a fence, so
that makes it nice," said Goldman.
After the Level 6 Jumpers finished their class, the $3,000
NAL Open Speed class began. This class
was the first to use the grassy bank built into the far corner of the ring. Riders has to jump a fence onto it, gallop up
the hill and back down, then jump a fence back into the ring.
This class used a time allowed of 89 seconds and riders were
making up time wherever they could since they didn't know how the bank would
ride. Winning the class was Henry Pfeiffer
on Sister. Pfeiffer has had the horse in the barn for awhile, but the horse was
a little too strong for his sister Laura, so now Pfeiffer rides the horse and
been doing great.
The bank was the one area of the course that riders were
worried about but excited at the same time. They all looked liked they were having a great time. "It was fun doing
the bank for the first time; it's a nice run and gun part of the course. It was nice and flowing and kept you
moving. I think I made up the most time
across the back and over the Swedish," said Pfeiffer. "It is hard to keep things up when you start
cooking like that, but we did it."
Tomorrow at Horse Show by the Bay will feature the $10,000
Welcome Prix. For more information and
full results, please visit www.horseshowsbythebay.com
$750 Level 5 Jumpers
1. Rockstar, Equestrian Endeavors, David Beisel, 0/0/32.015
2. Nickel De Prin,
Watershed Ventures, Jennifer Nadalin,
3. Nightline U, Karen Fuqua, David Beisel, 0/0/34.012
4. Cut to the Chase, Lisa Fresard, Greg Crolick, 0/0/34.249
5. Upstart, Claybrook Farms, Carrie Wilson, 0/0/0/0/35.449
6. Gregory, Tania Kuhlman, David Beisel,
7. Chianti 67, North Face Farm, Erin Haas, 0/4/33.693
8. Chocolate Martini, Hidden Lane Farm, David Beisel,
$1,000 Level 6
1. Centurion B, Mary Goldman, Lisa Goldman, 0/0/33.614
2. Fontaine, Lisa Goldman, Lisa Goldman, 0/0/34.368
3. Amis De Kannan, Trestle Tree LLC, Lisa Jacquin,
4. Zoe, Gem Stables, Inc, Erin McCabe, 0/0/36.137
5. Chellapo Z, Mimi Able Smith, Katherine Newman, 0/0/38.381
6. Obourg, Flintwoode Farms, LLC, Lisa Jacquin, 0/0/39.360
7. Cradilo, Kassandra Ladd, Amy Hunter, 3/80.931
8. Gran Banks, Wendy Arndt Hodges, Casey Hodges, 4/81.163
$3,000 NAL Open Speed
1. Sister, Fox Meadow Farm, Henry Pfeiffer, 0/82.337
2. Lazzara, Watershed Ventures, Jennifer Nadalin, 2/87.458
3. Finn Razel, Wendy Arndt Hodges, Casey Hodges, 2/90.383
4. Belvedere, Kimberly Seay, David Beisel,
5. Irish Hunt, Carlie Beisel, David Beisel, 8/80.224
6. Gran Banks, Wendy Arndt Hodges, Casey Hodges, 12/96.705
This photo may be used free of charge only in relation to this press
ABOUT PHELPS MEDIA GROUP
Phelps Media Group, Inc. International
12230 Forest Hill Blvd., Suite #100
Wellington, FL 33414
(561) 753-3389 / F: (561) 753-3386